Tuesday 24 June 2014

If You don't Like Bugs, LOOK AWAY NOW!!!

Hi Everyone
Just had to let you all see my little visitor that was on my wall yesterday.
It was a Female Stag Beetle, the Male has long antlers, (that was the only way I checked it out LOL!!)
It was about 2 inches long and was very good at staying in position for me to photograph it.
It flew away as soon as I was done, the wing span must have made it up to at least 3 inches wide (THAT'S BIG)
I thought it was a lesser stag beetle at first but it has a different back markings. We get them come into our garden every year, but this was the first POSER !!
Cute isn't it Ha Ha!!
I promise the next photo's I put on will be of my craft work, just couldn't resist this one.
Take care everyone
Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, with it being on your wall for a while you could have put some gems or glitter on it then it would have been ok to put on your blog LOL !! Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    looking at your picture of the Beetle, reminds me of when my DH and I were Holidaying near Cambridge on my brother in laws boat. I had on a green blouse with brown sort of a leaf pattern on it. We were just about to have a picnic on the grass verge near the boat, when I felt something tickle my forearm, on looking down I saw the most biggest and beautiful green beetle I have ever seen before or since. I calmly took it over to the base of a tree and put it there, but low and behold a few minutes later it had returned to my arm. Luckily it stayed at the bottom of the tree the next time. I still don't know what type he was but he was the biggest beetle I have ever seen, he was as you described yours 2" in length and bout 3" in width. I was commended by our friends for not panicing.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete